The Auction Houses, Station Rd, Stokesley, Middlesbrough, TS9 7AB.
12noon to 4pm 9th August & Morning of sale from 9am.
AUCTIONEERS NOTES & CONDITIONS
1. Your attention is drawn to the CONDITIONS OF SALE, these are on display within the sale premises, if you are biding it is understood that you have read and appreciated the content of these conditions of sale.
2. V.A.T. is charged over and above the hammer price at the standard rate on all lots marked in the catalogue with an asterisk.
3. BUYERS PREMIUM IS CHARGED at the rate of 16% (plus V.A.T.) over and above the hammer price ON LOTS.
4. TERMS OF PAYMENT: Debit cards only are accepted. We do not accept payment by Credit Card. For bank to bank transfers our account details are as follows: Bank: Virgin Money, 7 Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 1RE, Account Name: Lithgow Sons & Partners, Sort Code: 05 06 11, Account Number: 14474015. To help us process your Bank Transfer more effectively, please use the number you bid under as a reference on the transfer, if possible.
5. Purchasers are to pay their invoice on the day of sale. Purchasers are then to remove their lots from the sale premises within three working days after the date of sale. For large items, where purchasers need to make transport arrangements, and cannot comply with removal conditions, please speak to porters or office staff to let us know what arrangements you will be making with regard to removal. However, purchasers who make no removal arrangements, and abandon their goods at the sale premises, will be subject to a daily storage charge of £3 per lot per day after three working days from the day of sale.
6. All buyers must register and have a bidding number. If you do not have a number, you can register at the auctioneer’s office. If you have a number but have forgotten it, ask at our office and we will provide you with your existing number. If you are buying for yourself personally and your business, you are strongly advised to have two separate bidding numbers, as we are unable to split invoices.
7. Faults and imperfections are not stated. If equipment has been tested by the Auctioneers the test only comprises supplying electricity and switching on. The Auctioneers do not test full operation. Buyers are recommended to carryout their own tests during the viewing period. The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) does not apply to this Auction sale, and the lots are sold as seen and viewed.
8. FURNITURE: Items originally supplied otherwise than for private use in a dwelling may not/is unlikely to comply with the fire resistance requirements for the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 and for this reason should not be used or sold for use in a private dwelling.
9. NO SMOKING including electronic cigarettes within any salerooms at any time. MOBILE PHONES must be switched off or on silent.
10. Buyers must not remove any goods from their position in the sale without the supervision of a porter. DO NOT help yourself to goods unless directed by a porter. Goods must not be moved before full payment is made.
11. Where lots are put together the purchaser must remove all items as described.
12. LITHGOW & PARTNERS may assist with loading and unloading of goods out of goodwill and will not be held responsible or liable for accidents or damage occurring
13. Purchasers are strongly advised to attend during the viewing period to ascertain the content and the quality of lots for their particular purpose.
14. Removal: The purchaser is responsible for safe removal of their lots. If lots are connected to gas / water / electric, the purchaser must isolate these services, leaving the installation safe with no leaking water / gas and no bare wires.